Library Services for Online Metropolitan Students
The James B. Duke Memorial Library is pleased to provide service to Metropolitan online students. Since you are taking your classes through the JCSU Metropolitan College, the James B. Duke Memorial Library should serve as your first stop for doing library research. James B. Duke Memorial Library is committed to providing students and faculty in online learning programs with the services and resources needed to support their course requirements.
The Evening Instruction Librarian Rosalind Moore, will serve as your Personal Librarian. Think of Personal Librarian as your library adviser – your “go-to” person for all things library-related. She may not always have all the answers, but can refer you to the appropriate support department or university contact.
- One-on-one consultations for research and special projects by phone, email, or through Google Hangout.
- Notification of new materials and resources tailored to student’s subject areas
- Research Guides (Metropolitan Libguides) for your major
- We have a host of Online Library Tutorials that cover research skills to get you started with your educational needs.
- Books and articles from journals not in the James B. Duke Memorial Library collection can be requested through our InterLibrary Loan Program. This network provides access to the holdings of thousands of other libraries worldwide.
- Remote access to electronic resources and services is provided through the James B. Duke Memorial Library website with access to the James B. Duke Memorial Library Catalog and Library Databases
We strongly encourage you to use the Library and hope you reach out with any questions or concerns.
Rosalind Moore, MLIS
Evening Instruction Librarian
Center for Information at (704) 371 – 6731