Borrowing privileges are open to all students (undergraduate, graduate, online and Metro College), faculty, and staff who have a valid Johnson C. Smith University picture ID and to library partners with a reciprocal agreement. Under the reciprocal agreement, all student must complete a registration form to receive borrowing privileges with proper identification. Online students can request books and DVDs by mail, however, they are responsible for adhering to same check-out policy.
Undergraduate and Graduate Students
- Must have a valid JCSU ID to check out library resources.
- A total of 30 books may be checked out at any given time.
- Books can be checked out for 30 days.
- One renewal is allowed, if no hold has been placed.
- If the student has a fine over $10.00 no items can be checked out. (Books, DVDs, Tablets, or Reserves)
- Students may check out DVDs for 5 days. Students who checked out DVDs will incur the cost of replacing the DVD if it is lost or damaged and any late fees.
- Fines are $.25 a day per book for general collection books. Maximum Fine is $7.50 per book.
- Reserves are $1.00 per hour, per item.
- DVDs are $1.00 per day, per item.
- Tablets are $5.00 per hour
- All users are charged for replacement of all items if lost. Replacement cost is the cost of the item plus a $25.00 processing fee.
Non-circulating Items (These items are for in-house use only)
Periodical and Reference Materials
Reserve Materials for in-house use for 2 hours
Tablets for in-house use for 2 hours
- In-house use only located in the Archives.
- 10 cents per page is charged for copying via PaperCut.