Books and articles from journals not in the James B. Duke Memorial Library collection can be requested via the OCLC (Online Computer Library Center) bibliographic network. This network provides access to the holdings of thousands of other libraries worldwide.
- ILL services are available to students, staff, and faculty.
- Typically, ILL items are free of charge. However, if the lending library assesses a fee, the borrower will be given the option of paying the fee or canceling the request.
- The requestor is responsible for any charges imposed because of the loss or damage of materials borrowed.
- Requests for books normally take 1-3 weeks to fill and copies of journal articles usually are received within 5-7 days, or longer.
- It is important to note that videos, audio tapes, dissertations, and special collection materials are usually non-circulating, and therefore not available through ILL.
- InterLibrary Loan forms are available at the Center of Information.