The James B. Duke Memorial Library is now providing current students with a selection of graphing and financial calculators. This service is free of charge if items are returned on time, complete, and in working condition. We encourage students to take advantage of this service.
- Only current JCSU students whose accounts are in good standing may borrow calculators. Community patrons and alumni are not permitted to borrow calculators.
- Only one calculator may be borrowed per account.
- A JCSU ID is required.
- The loan period is no more than 24 hours.
- Supply is limited so requests are satisfied at the Center of Information Desk on a first come, first served basis and availability cannot be guaranteed.
- To prevent monopolization, library staff may invoke a 2 hours or one day wait period before allowing a borrower to check out the same item again.
- All calculators must be returned to the Center of Information Desk before it closes on the due date. Calculators should not be left at the desk for return while the desk is unattended.
- Abuse of the checkout policy will result in the suspension of checkout privileges. Suspension period ranges from one month to permanently and will be considered on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the Educational Technology Librarian and/or Circulation Staff.
Fines and Damages
- Fines are assessed for each day or portion thereof that the item is returned past its due date.
- Calculators must be returned in the same condition they were borrowed. Users are responsible for any damage and/or loss or theft of items checked out on their account.
- Items returned with missing pieces will remain checked out to the user until all pieces are returned. Users will be responsible for any late fees that accrue as a result. If the missing piece is lost, users should contact the Library Services desk immediately to report the lost piece and discuss replacement options.
- If an item is 7 days overdue, it is considered lost or stolen, and the borrower will be charged for its replacement. Replacement fees include the actual cost to replace the calculator or accessories plus a $25.00 processing fee. If all items are returned after a replacement fee is charged the amount will be adjusted to what is owed in overdue fees.
- Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Graphing Calculator
- Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus CE Graphing Calculator
- Texas Instruments TI-Nspire CXII Graphing Calculator
- Texas Instruments Nspire CXII CAS Graphing Calculator
- Texas Instruments BA II PLUS Financial Calculator
- Texas Instruments Professional BA II PRO Financial Calculator
- HP 10bII+ Financial Calculator
- HP 17bII+ Financial Calculator