James B. Duke Memorial Library
The mission of the James B. Duke Memorial Library is to support University endeavors to produce graduates who are able to communicate effectively, think critically, learn independently as well as collaboratively, and demonstrate competence in their chosen fields by serving as the center of information in providing resources in all formats that empower our students, faculty, and users with the skills to successfully evaluate, analyze, and use information effectively in all areas of their life. (Revised June 16, 2015)
- The library will provide programs, services, and facilities to become recognized as an outstanding academic library for a private, liberal arts urban university.
- The library will provide instructional services/ILS instruction that maintains a focus on undergraduate and graduate student outcomes.
- The library will provide public/reference services in meeting the information and research needs of the University that will enhance the quality of customer services.
- The library will provide educational resources/resource sharing services in support of all curriculum and instruction offered by the University.
- The library will plan and develop budget that insures cost effective management practices in order to remain financially solvent.
- The library will provide and maintain information technology infrastructure in support of the University’s programs and services.
- The library will continually develop the quality of the workplace by creating a cohesive work environment and maintaining a physically secure facility.
- The library will establish and maintain viable relationships with external organizations and citizens in support of educational, cultural, and professional development activities.